The heat is too damn high.
I don’t know about you, but summer has kicked off in a blaze of heat, and when that thermostat’s top blows off there’s only one way to keep cool, aquatic warfare. This Friday we’re here to get you Equipped for just such a battle, because you never know when you’ll need to douse an enemy in a barrage of water from balloons or super soakers.
You know, back in the day you had to pump these things, and you couldn’t venture too far from the hose because you’d need to refill after about ten minutes of vigorous soaking. But now, with the advancements in technology over the past decade or so, Super Soakers come with clips so you can carry spare water with you and reload at anytime. Plus, many of them are fully automated now. Pop in some batteries and hold down the trigger for a constant stream of water that can shoot up to 20, sometimes 25 feet, soaking your opponent. Aquatic warfare has never been the same, and now is the time to get in on the ground floor before things get too hot this summer, and Amazon is the place to go to get them for a nice discount.
- Thunderstorm – $15.89 @ [Amazon]: This handy motorized water gun fires a constant stream of water, comes with a 300 ml water clip, and can take out your dehydrated enemies up to 25 feet.
- Hydro Cannon - $23.59 @ [Amazon]: I hope you’ve got some strong arms because this cannon requires a lot of pumping to store up a pressurized blast at the pull of the trigger.
- Scatter Blast - $11.25 @ [Amazon]: Classic pump to fire action sends a shotgun like blast of water in your opponents direction up to 25 feet.
- Tornado Strike - $23.57 @ [Amazon]: Pump to fire this whirlwind of water as it shoots a spinning stream to dampen your enemies, and comes with the new water clip for easy lock and reload action.
Water Balloon Implements
There was a time when one would fill a balloon with water, tie it off, and lob it. That was enough to start some epic battles that could end up in some epic welts if the balloons were flung hard enough. But it’s 2012 and time to kick up the water balloon wars up a notch with some simple but effective equipment.
- Tie Not Water Balloon Filler - $4.99 @ [ThinkGeek]: This handy device gives you the edge in balloon warfare, speeding up the filling and tying time of water balloons, and more ammunition means more drenched enemies.
- Kaos Catapult 3 Person Water Balloon Slingshot - $12.99 @ [ThinkGeek]: Grab two other aquatic warriors and make it rain from 300 feet away with this balloon slingshot.
- Kaos Cyclops Water Balloon Launcher - $11.99 @ [ThinkGeek]: Sometimes you need a little leverage when chucking a water balloon, and this launcher gives you that power to launch at high speed and up to 100 feet.
Stay cool, and get Equipped.